YouTube Channel

Celebreight Yourself now has a Youtube channel!

You can also find more of my writing at three great websites: Large in Charge magazine, Fierce, Freethinking Fatties, and More of Me to Love. Links are below.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Recommended Reading: Great Self-Help Books & Authors


I think my unquenchable thirst for self-help books began when I first saw John Bradshaw, author of "Homecoming" on Oprah. I believe he coined the term "inner child" and he absolutely fascinated me with his impassioned lectures on abusive childhoods, childhood wounds, shame, and blame. I was hooked.

After my introduction to Dr. Bradshaw, I began loading my bookshelves with everything I could get my hands on psychology-wise. I lived between the pages for many years, trying to figure out my life. Now I can say that although I might not have every single answer I've been looking for, I'm definitely more enlightened than I was before I came under the tutelage of these great teachers.

Here is a list of some of my favourite self-help/psychology/new age books. There are definitely more, which will probably necessitate my doing a "Part 2" to this vlog ... but for now, here are a few essentials that I think anyone could benefit from. Notice that only one of these books is specifically dedicated to food, weight, and size ... the rest of them just offer great advice and enlightenment that will help people of all sizes flourish.

Enjoy!

THE LIST:

"You Can Heal Your Life", Louise Hay. 1984, Hay House.

"Inner Wisdom", Louise Hay. 2000, Hay House.

"The Only Diet There Is", Sondra Ray. 1981, Celestial Arts.

"The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success", Deepak Chopra. 1994, Amber-Allen Publishing, New World Library.

"The Power of Now", Eckhart Tolle. 1997, Namaste Publishing.

"The Law of Attraction", Esther & Jerry Hicks. 2006, Hay House.

"Your Sacred Self", Dr. Wayne Dyer. 1995, Harper.

"The 5 Rules of Thought", Mary T. Browne. 2007, Atria Books.

No comments:

Post a Comment