YouTube Channel

Celebreight Yourself now has a Youtube channel!

You can also find more of my writing at three great websites: Large in Charge magazine, Fierce, Freethinking Fatties, and More of Me to Love. Links are below.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Vlog #2: Fat, Health, and a Few Other Things

Hi readers ... well, for better or worse, I'm back with another vlog. I wasn't planning to do another response to Mark's video, but he responded to the comments I made about his first video, and I had some strong opinions about his response. I just want to let Mark know that I do respect his opinion and his choice to do what makes him feel good about his life. It's not my intention to try to "convert" him to my way of thinking (although I do believe it's the healthier choice). Everyone knows what is the best personal choice for him or herself. Here's a link to his second video.

There is so much misinformation out there about fat and health. People just assume that because people are large, all they do it sit around and eat. Not only that, there are assumptions about what we eat -- that all we eat is junk. And our activity levels. That we don't exercise, that we don't take care of ourselves, that we don't get out there and move. And that we don't care about how we look.

Nothing could be further from the truth. I'd be willing to bet that if you put the average thin and fat person's daily diet and exercise levels side by side, they wouldn't differ very much.

I don't know about the rest of you, but the side effects of continuous dieting at one point in my life have gotten me to the size I am today. I finally realized what the continuous cycle of losing and regaining was doing to my body, took control, and decided to stop the madness. Hope you enjoy the vlog. Feedback appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment