YouTube Channel

Celebreight Yourself now has a Youtube channel!

You can also find more of my writing at three great websites: Large in Charge magazine, Fierce, Freethinking Fatties, and More of Me to Love. Links are below.

Friday, October 14, 2011

Fun With Stats


One of the really cool things about blogging is that you get to check your stats. These aren’t the dreary stats of scientists or economists. These are actually interesting, and can be pretty funny.

For instance, you can see what keywords people have used in their internet searches. We’ve all done internet searches. You go into Google or Yahoo or whatever, type in a few words, and a list of links comes up. Here’s a sampling of just a few keywords that have referred people to my blog:

Women boobs, my heavy boobs, fat cheerleader, fat and skinny people kissing, thanks my big boobs, my job is bullshit, very pale person

Very pale person? How the hell did my blog come up in a Google search for very pale person? These are the kind of things that amuse me.

Another thing that’s really interesting is seeing how many people from different countries are viewing your blog. The vast majority of my readers are from the U.S. and Canada, but I do get a few from abroad, including:

United Kingdom, India, Saudi Arabia, Australia, Germany, Russia, France, Ireland, South Africa, Finland, The Philippines, Portugal, Austria, Slovakia.

It’s pretty cool knowing that people from so many different countries are interested in size issues and are reading my blog. I’ve noticed a regular visitor from Russia with the abbreviation yandex.ru. Drop me a line, yandex.ru! Thanks for being such a faithful visitor!

Another interesting thing is seeing how people are viewing your blog, meaning whether it’s through Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Blackberry, etc. I’ve seen that some people have viewed my blog through a Nintendo Wii, and even a Nintendo DS! That blows my mind. I keep picturing someone playing Super Mario, then checking out my blog.

Your blog stats will also display your most popular posts (the ones with the most pageviews). My most popular posts are (in order of popularity):

The Woman in the Mirror - May 2011
In Praise of Big Boobs - April 2011
The Built-In Bullshit Detector - July 2011
They Just Have No Clue - June 2011
Fat on Film: Shallow Hal - April 2011

I was kind of surprised that In Praise of Big Boobs wasn’t number one, but The Woman in the Mirror was the clear winner, beating it by almost 100 views. I guess that just goes to show what a major issue body image is, that people are searching for articles or columns on it. It even beats boobs!

Blogging is hard work. It requires dedication, creativity, and the ability to cut through writer’s block with a hacksaw. But it’s also really rewarding. I love getting comments from you readers. They give me warm, fuzzy feelings inside. Please don’t ever hesitate to let me know what you think. 

And thanks for always making my stats so enlightening and entertaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment