YouTube Channel

Celebreight Yourself now has a Youtube channel!

You can also find more of my writing at three great websites: Large in Charge magazine, Fierce, Freethinking Fatties, and More of Me to Love. Links are below.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Happy 20,000!

Celebreight Yourself has now exceeded 20,000 hits and it is time for a celebration! If I could, I would reach through the computer and pass you all a cupcake, but since that isn't possible, I would simply like to extend a big, warm Thank You to all my wonderful readers.

It took me a little under a year to reach 10,000 hits, as I recall, and it has been a little under six months to reach 20,000, so it seems my readership is increasing at twice the rate. I like that.

I thought I would just have fun with this blog post, not even talk about anything fat-related ... instead I thought, Why not celebrate the number 20,000? So here we go ... here's some things that involve the number 20,000:


The number of women Wilt Chamberlain claimed to have slept with in his 1991 biography "A View From Above" (I bet they called him Wilt the Stilt for more than one reason)

Part of the science fiction classic title "Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea" by Jules Verne.

Part of the 1953 monster movie title "The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms".


The number of years it has taken for the volume of the male human brain to decrease from 1,500 cubic centimeters to 1,350 cubic centimeters (about the size of a tennis ball). This is according to a University of Wisconsin anthropologist.

The risk of getting an egg with salmonella: 1 in 20,000.

"Nightmare at 20,000 Feet" was one of the best Twilight Zone episodes ever ... the one with William Shatner seeing a frightening, freaky creature on the wing of a plane.


The number of commercials seen per year by the average child.

The average number of words a woman uses per day. A man uses approximately 7,000.
The cave painting above (from Lascaux cave in France) is approximately 20,000 years old.

The number of underage users Facebook bans per day.

The dollar amount of the fine for cruelty to animals (in California).

The supposed number of new words added to the English language every year.

The above picture is titled "20,000 Corgis Under the Sea".

The dollar amount required from any participant qualified enough to partake in a NASA launch, summer 2012.

The dollar amount offered to a blogger (from the National Enquirer) for "confessional" stuff on Tom Cruise -- plus, promotion of his book.

That's all for now, folks! Hope you enjoyed my celebration of the number 20,000 ... and thanks again for helping me get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment